How To Package Your Slide Scanning Project For Safe Shipping
If you follow these safe shipping tips, your slides will arrive safely – guaranteed.
Here are the details..
1. Shipping Tips – Don'ts
- Do not use a shoe box to put your slides in – they are not sturdy enough
- Do not use any news papers to pack your slides – your slide film likes to attract pulp and debris off the news paper
- Do not forget your name and address! I have 7 boxes of scan projects with no name on them just sitting there because I have no way to contact the person who sent them to me
2. Shipping Tips – Dos
- Keep your slides in their original carousels or boxes
- If you're worried about shipping costs, I will be happy to reimburse you for the extra cost
- The safety of your slides is more important then saving a few bucks
- Got a package from Amazon? Those boxes are great to use to ship your slides
- Use zip lock bags to group any loose slides
- Label boxes, zip lock bags, carousals – your digital images will be named exactly as the originals so you can easily find them on your computer
3. Is It Safe To Ship More Than 1000 Slides?
Yes! Companies and governments usually have over 10,000 scans. And they all ship them to me in one batch, safely. From the Vancouver to Yellowknife to Halifax. In my 10 years of scanning, shipping slides is extremely safe.
However, if you're still iffy about it, I do offer pick-up and drop-off services in South Western Ontario. If you live outside of SWO, you could ship the slides in small batches.
I do understand your hesitation. But please know that in 10 years of doing this, shipping is very safe.
4. Where To Ship
Click here to email me and I'll give you more info on your next step.
Thanks for dropping by!
- Konrad Michniewicz