How To Ship Your Negative Film Safely To ScanCanada
If you follow these safe shipping tips, your negatives will arrive safely – guaranteed.
Here are the details..
1. Shipping Tips – Don'ts
- Do not use a shoe box to put your negatives in – they are not sturdy enough
- Do not use any news papers to pack your slides – your negative film likes to attract pulp and debris off the news paper
- Do not forget your name and address! I have 7 boxes of scan projects with no name on them just sitting there because I have no way to contact the person who sent them to me
2. Shipping Tips – Dos
- Keep your negatives in their original sleeves or envelopes
- Pay extra so you can track your package -- I will be happy to reimburse you for the extra cost
- The safety of your negatives is more important then saving a few bucks
- Got a package from Amazon? Those boxes are great to use to ship your negatives
- Use zip lock bags to group any loose negatives
- Label boxes, zip lock bags, carousals – your digital images will be named exactly as the originals so you can easily find them on your computer
3. Here Are Some Good Examples...
Use a box designed to ship negatives...
Zip lock bags are a great way to protect your negative film...
Put loose negatives in envelopes, or in a zip lock bag...
Label the envelope and I'll save your files with the same name...
You don't have to, but here's a very organized method
4. What's The Address?
Please ship your negative scanning projects to...
136 Dundas St.
Just remember to include your name and address on the box. In most cases, I've already talked to you via email, and have the details about your scan project. But if you like, you may leave a note in your package as well.
Thanks for dropping by!
- Konrad Michniewicz